Forums:
Science

College degree pertaining to Astronomy

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Johnny_shade On October 28, 2011

Casper, Wyoming
#1New Post! Nov 19, 2009 @ 18:12:50
So, I really want to go back to school spring semester. I want to take classes in astronomy, and I really want to revamp my math skills.

Astronomy is something I've always been a sucker for. I could never pay attention in class, unless we were studying astronomy at the time. Problem was (in high school) my advisers would always give me a speech about how Astronomers weren't in very high demand, and it's incredibly hard to get into. So (as I was very impressionable in those days), they tried to get me interested in other subjects. After high school, I went to college for computer programming. About a month in, I thought to myself "Wow, I don't care about any of this s***. Why am I here?" I knew I didn't want to do computer programming the rest of my life.

Now, 6 years later, I want to go to college for something I do care about. Problem is, I don't know of the degree in astronomy I want to strive for, seeing how the college I'm going to go to doesn't offer any. Do any of you know which degree would be best, so I can look it up for a different college and take classes that this college offers that could go towards that degree. (Am I making sense?)
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs