The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums:
Politics

If the West is to help the East; the East should pay the Gas.

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
GreatestIam2 On January 06, 2023

Ottawa, Canada
#1New Post! Jul 02, 2011 @ 16:56:15
If the West is to help the East; the East should pay the Gas.

There are two basic ways, and two basic ways only, to conquer a nation; force of arms or by economic control.

At present, the West is spending much of it’s wealth in helping the Eastern revolutionary forces stabilize, organize and rid itself of the old political ways. At the same time, the East is attacking the West on the economic front, and preventing the West from helping it’s own Eastern political transition in a swifter fashion. IOW, the East is shooting itself in the foot by shooting the West in the foot. The East should recognize that it is hard for the West to put the hammer down when it is too expensive to put the hammer down. China is not helping at this point in time on the economic conquest of the western world with their dollar either. They should think globally a bit more. So should we all.

The East would be well advised to reduce the price of fuel to the West and thus fuel it’s own political aspirations.

I personally wish to contribute more to democracy, secularism and the individual freedoms that the East aspires to. If democracy is not about ending tyranny then it is worthless.

One of the founding notions of democracy, it seems to me; is that reciprocity is fair play.

In the case of fuel, it does not serve the East nor the West and the freedoms that both seek in terms of personal autonomy by having a high gas price.

Regards
DL
sTreetAngeL On January 24, 2022
root tedt ree

in a paradox,
#2New Post! Jul 02, 2011 @ 17:49:25
That's a fantastic idea!
galastaray On June 08, 2016
honey bucket

Deleted

Honey Bucket, Reunion
#3New Post! Jul 02, 2011 @ 18:32:57
The West can go f*** itself.
mark_is_god On June 26, 2015

antrim, Ireland
#4New Post! Jul 02, 2011 @ 20:36:12
its not like the middle eastern oil producers can just click their fingers and change the price of oil.
carlstss On January 25, 2014

Derby, United Kingdom
#5New Post! Jul 03, 2011 @ 01:49:01
Or here is even better idea, We just leave them to fight it out between themselfs, Its there fault there in the mess there in by holding on to barbaric religious beliefs.
sTreetAngeL On January 24, 2022
root tedt ree

in a paradox,
#6New Post! Jul 03, 2011 @ 19:21:32
Yeah, better still carlstss.
Swish On September 02, 2011

Arifjan, Kuwait
#7New Post! Jul 03, 2011 @ 22:40:31
well, to fill up a Yukon XL, its about 15 dollars here in Kuwait.

but, thats because all the oil is over here. i dunno why you want the east to pay for the gas, they aren't the reason our country is so screwed up with prices and they damn sure aren't the reason our economy sucks ass.

Ottawa, Canada
#8New Post! Jul 12, 2011 @ 19:58:44
@mark_is_god Said

its not like the middle eastern oil producers can just click their fingers and change the price of oil.

Opec can.

Regards
DL

Ottawa, Canada
#9New Post! Jul 12, 2011 @ 20:00:15
@carlstss Said

Or here is even better idea, We just leave them to fight it out between themselfs, Its there fault there in the mess there in by holding on to barbaric religious beliefs.

Good community spirit.
Pray you never need help.

Regards
DL

Ottawa, Canada
#10New Post! Jul 12, 2011 @ 20:03:09
@Swish Said

well, to fill up a Yukon XL, its about 15 dollars here in Kuwait.

but, thats because all the oil is over here. i dunno why you want the east to pay for the gas, they aren't the reason our country is so screwed up with prices and they damn sure aren't the reason our economy sucks ass.

Perhaps if the consumers of our fuels and munitions would be asked to pay for them then we would not be in the financial straights we are in.

Regards
DL
hoppy On August 27, 2013

#11New Post! Jul 12, 2011 @ 20:36:11
Screw the East. I hope they choke on their oil.
mark_is_god On June 26, 2015

antrim, Ireland
#12New Post! Jul 12, 2011 @ 22:26:16
@GreatestIam2 Said

Opec can.

Regards
DL

indeed they have a very large control on the price of oil, but not total and regardless OPEC is a world wide organization they are not all eastern countries.

Algeria - Africa
Ecuador - South America
Iran - Middle East
Iraq - Middle East
Kuwait - Middle East
Libya Africa
Nigeria - Africa
Qatar - Middle East
Saudi Arabia - Middle East
United Arab Emirates - Middle East
Venezuela - South America

and really i don't think eastern countries like the united emirates, Qatar and Saudi Arabia are in any dire need of help from the west.

iran are, well just crazy and libya, i imagine they have more important things to worry about now.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs